Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ranch Reunion II



This past Sunday was the 2 year anniversary of the ranch burning down.  As has now become tradition, a small band of former ranch tenants and official ranch inductees spent the day soaking in the sun, the river, the 2 and a half feet of trunk pizza, the whiskey, the beer, the company.  Since there's still no power, water, or toilets up there, we had to end the trek shortly after nightfall.  At sunset, we all took the late Betsy's ashes on one last walk to wildwood (the only walk in which Kaiza carried her the whole time).

This video was shot on the trail back to our cars.  It was all shot in one take and essentially took the entirety of the walk back.  We get to see the last of the sunset give way to twilight.  I decided to color time the video to closer resemble how I remember it looking at the end of that booze and sun filled day.  Audio was recorded on camera (which is why it sounds so great), a pocket sized point and shoot Canon ELPH300.

Though we spent the entire day up there, I think that this 4 minutes pretty much sums up how the day went.  For those of you who didn't make it, I plan on making these semi camping trips to the ranch a more regular thing, and I hope to slowly work my way up to getting more amenities up there.  I'll keep you posted...

No comments: