Monday, August 15, 2011

Japan! (Part 1)



I've been wanting to go to Japan all my life for reasons that are buried deep inside me. I finally got to live that dream this year, shortly after the earthquake ans tsunami hit. Though I had been building up my expectations for decades, they were exceeded in every way. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about Japan in one way or another. I hope to go back very soon.

This album is for the first day. After flying for 12 hours, the longest I've ever been in a confined space, I landed in Narita Airport and took a high speed train to Tokyo where I went straight to my hotel in Shibuya. No sooner than I had put my bags down, I was whisked away to my first dinner, which consisted of various cutlets, the best rice I've ever had, some grey potato mush (also delicious) and probably other stuff I can't remember. Then sleep, in preparation for the most exhausting trip ever...

No comments: