Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What's In a Title?



So, I've been trying to come up with a name for the Zombie Western every since I first started thinking about the concept. There are very few other zombie westerns out there right now, which is great for me. Really, the only thing that you can go to blockbuster and watch is, The Quick and The Undead, which seems to have a more modern style than the story I am working on. So, with all the racking of the brain, the only thing I've come up with so far is, The Good The Bad and The Undead. It's not too bad a title, but it has sort of a tongue in cheek quality that I'm not looking for. It's definitely not a comedy, although it may cause people to laugh at its badness, which I don't mind. But I don't want people walking in to the movie anticipating a slapstick western.

So then I started thinking about Snakes on a Plane. It's hard not to have a day where my mind wanders to SOAP. Hey, I just realized the acronym is SOAP, how come no one ever told me that before? Anyway, most people are aware of the phenomenon that was marketing for SOAP. All grass roots, with that stupid title at the helm. As soon as somebody read the title (and saw sam jackson attached) they were excited. So, why not do that with my movie? Let's call it Zombie Western! Then people know exactly what they're in for, and it has that same quality of fun movie, straight forward, no punches pulled. So, that's what I'm thinking for the time being, and I think that the new poster reflects that.

I'm also interested in the whole marketing thing that SOAP did with the blog updates and behind the scenes videos to keep fans interested. So I guess that's why I'm doing the blog thing and the posters. Tryin' to hype it up. But how do you get a bunch of eyes on it? SOAP had Sam Jackson, and it worked well. I got nothing but an idea, and I'm hoping to pitch for some monies soon after the script is finished. But that's always the big question for the internet marketing: How do I get people to see it?

Anyways, I'm still working on the script, and it's coming along nicely. I'm hoping to have a first draft done shortly. Wish me the luckiest of luck. And spread the word, the ranch is doing a Zombie Western, and it's going to be awesome!

No comments: